St Mary's Churchyard Heritage and Access Project
2018 saw the completion of St Mary's Churchyard Heritage and Access Project. This major project was designed with the following aims:
- To provide opportunities for historical research.
- To increase the knowledge of Church and Churchyard history for recording through an interpretation scheme, talks and articles for publication.
- To create access for all.
- To upgrade the existing path surfaces, create a new ramped pathway, provide handrails at the lych gate and West gate and install inset path lighting along key routeways.
- Refurbish and bring back into use the West gate reconnecting the Churchyard with the centre of Moseley Village.
- To conserve and restore the neglected Churchyard, historic features and original 1903 burial plan.
- To improve biodiversity and habitat creation, enhancing the ecological value of the site.
- To encourage and promote positive use of the Churchyard.
- To promote the Churchyard as a space for prayer, reflection and contemplation.
- To provide a legacy for the future by returning the Churchyard to a good state of repair.
- To maintain a sacred yet shared space.
Please click on the links below to view the following documents related to the project:
- Project Aims Document
- Project Masterplan Document
- Project Leaflet
- Heritage Trail Leaflet
- Stories from the Stones