Meet the Team
Here at Moseley Benefice, you are likely to see a number of different faces leading our worship, as we are blessed to have many people in our Ministry Team, as well as a number of retired clergy who also assist:
- Revd Magdalen Smith - Associate Vicar. Magdalen was licensed as our Associate Vicar in September 2021. She has been an ordained minister for 25 years and loves exploring how people grow into the people that God is calling them to be, at whatever age and stage of life.
- Revd Professor Frank Berry – Assistant Priest . Frank has been a part-time assistant priest in the Benefice since 2007 and also acts as a Bishops’ Inspector for Ministerial Training. Professionally he is a scientist and is Honorary Professor of Chemistry at The University of Birmingham.
- Jonathan Hodgson – Reader Emeritus. Jonathan describes himself as the 'old stager' of the Team! He has been worshipping at St Mary's since the early 1970's and was licensed as a Reader in 1995.
- Mark Simons – Lay Reader. Mark was licensed as a Reader in 2018.
- Peter Alcock - Lay Reader. Peter is a Third Order Franciscan with a background in Theology, family and dog walking. He is interested in developing the contemplative, ecological and socially engaged dimensions of parish life - and lots of other things too!
Also in the team, we have:
- Rachel Kinning - Intergenerational Ministry Coordinator. Rachel joined the team in September 2019. She runs our Children's Groups and is also responsible for enhancing our work across the generations.
- Mick Perrier - Director of Music. Mick has faithfully served St Mary's Church for over 40 years as Director of Music and still has boundless enthusiasm for all things music-related!
- Fiona Chew and Trish Everett - Benefice Support Managers. Fiona and Trish have shared this role since November 2017. They are based in the Church office and are the first point of contact for all general enquiries, plus those relating to weddings, baptisms, funerals and hire of our facilities.